Looking for new activities that will fit into your busy schedule? Try these tips to get you and your kids moving more:
- Dance to your favorite music. Or, dance to your kids’ favorite music!
- Limit your “screen time”- the time you spend in front of the TV, video games or computer (for non-school work) – to 2 hours each day.
- Be active while watching TV. Use a stationary bike, treadmill, stair climber, or small weights.
- No equipment, no problem: Pilates, yoga, and tai chi are great for toning, balance and flexibility.
- Stretch! Stretch! Stretch!
- Play with your kids: shoot some hoops, jump rope, or play tag.
- Walk your kids to school or volunteer to chaperone a Walking School Bus.
- Take family walks after dinner.
- Go for a run or ride your bike. Or, run and have your kids bike beside you. Choose child-safe routes.
- Walk to the grocery store and to other errands.
- Plant a garden.
- Mow the lawn, with a rotary mower.
- Learn a new sport: tennis, hiking, or rollerblading.
- Massachusetts has so many state parks, forests and other open lands. Explore them all. Find opportunities in your community.
This information is provided by Mass in Motion.